Thursday 7 March 2013

Friday - first day of the weekend

Cath is staying at Flat B over the weekend so that we have easier access to the city centre and the beach; neither of which is more than fifteen minutes from Flat C anyway.

Last night we both felt really tired - me as I think the events of the last week caught up with me again, and Cath because she had a long day at work. We had intended to go out for a meal but instead we had a curry and salad at home, all washed down with plenty of tea.

 At about eight o'clock I went over to the City Centre Mall, about ten minutes walk away, in search of some better work shoes. The ones I brought with me have been OK to date but I think they will be far too heavy when the heat arrives. I found some Hush Puppies, that are supposedly engineered to keep your feet cool and dry, so I bought a black and brown pair. I'm sure this engineering will be tested severely over the next few months! During the walk there and back I was quite surprised by the low temperature and high winds; I almost went back to get a fleece!

This morning we both went down to the apartments gym and had a thirty minute workout. As it was around 07:00 there weren't any other users which was fine as we both ended up as very sweaty heaps on the floor.

Now that the sun is rising we will head out to find a beach and hopefully I can try out the snorkel and flipper set I dragged over from the UK. The large hotels on the main Doha waterfront have private beaches that you can pay to access but I only want a bit of open beach to see if I can snorkel without an audience. I'll need to Google 'public beaches in Doha' in order not to swim in industrial or military sensitive areas as contact with either of these would not be a good introduction to swimming in the Arabian Gulf. Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment