Sunday 3 March 2013

First day at work 3/3/13

Another film set/out-of-body type experience. Stayed at Cath's apartment (now known as Flat C) and this morning caught a taxi from there to my apartment (now known as Flat B). After a quick breakfast and wash'n'brush-up a driver collected me, and several other new SIDRA employees, from the front lobby and dropped us at the temporary SIDRA offices right on the seafront.

The morning was taken up with the neccessary HR, Health & Safety, setting up bank accounts, sorting driving licence, type of stuff. It was all done in a fantastically professional way and the time really shot by. We were then given vouchers to buy lunch in the very nice cafeteria; it had a very varied menu and being very heavily subsidised will be my daily food of choice.

After lunch we were taken to our individual departments and I met several of the people I'll be working with during their weekly Simulation Dept. meeting. A bit nerve wracking having to do the "Hello! My names Boyd and I'm an....." sort of introduction but I think it went OK and hopefully bodes well for the coming months.

I was then shown my office space, which again was very nice and well appointed. I have included below a view from my office window looking out over the sea which is yet another feature that plebs such as me don't normally get. If this sort of thing carries on I might start to get used to it!



This evening Cath and myself are meeting some of the SIDRA residents down by the pool. They were very keen to meet Cath as they all have young children and they will be attending her school. What a small world it really is!

Enough of this drivel - I need to sort my poolside attire. Will post more as and when.   

No comments:

Post a Comment