Wednesday 6 March 2013

Fourth day in work 06.03.2013

Writing this feeling very tired at Flat C. An exciting day today as I actually got to visit the new hospital; which is not something that many of the other folks I work with have done. I hope I haven't stepped on any ones toes getting to go there after only having been here four days when some of them have been here months. It really was another mind blowing experience - not only the enormity of the project and the extreme architecture but also the sheer numbers of workers and vehicles that seem to be crawling over every surface.


 
 
The pictures don't really do it justice.
 
After work I went to a slightly manic 'Arabic Evening' at Cath's school. I was expecting there to be maybe fifty to sixty people there when in fact there was more like several hundred. There were displays of Arabic singing and dancing, masses of food and a camel and some hawks. Don't know exactly how Arabic it was but it was a chance to meet some of Cath's workmates and she were she works.
 
Having an early night now as the events of the last few days really seem to have caught up with me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment