Wednesday 20 February 2013

Points of connectedness.....

Just been to the Post Office to have my mail redirected. Got chatting to the ladies behind the counter about my imminent relocation to Qatar and one of them said "My son is in Qatar at the moment working on a new hospital". "Not SIDRA Medical and Research Centre?" I said and she said "Yes, he's there to sort out the legalities of the delayed handover; he comes back on Thursday 28 February". What a small world - we will probably pass each other in the sky somewhere over the Middle East.

I knew that the final completion and handover of the hospital was causing delays for SIDRA, and this indication that 'lawyers' have got involved doesn't bode well for a speedy completion. Hope it doesn't impinge too much on the actual opening date of January 2014 by compressing the internal fit-out and staff training into too short a time. No doubt I'll find out soon enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment