Monday 18 February 2013

Beginning of the end.....

Hired a van today to begin moving the large furniture. Thankfully Suze Bricknell offered to give me a hand as I would not have been able to do it by myself. First load - wardrobe, chest of draws, double bed with mattress and large mirror - was delivered to Long Eaton and Eastwood; no drama as we found all the addresses easily and being half-term the traffic was fairly light. At around 1pm, and after we both nearly had ruptures and/or seizures loading the second lot, Suze went home to have her drains rodded! Again many thanks Suze for your help. This second load - the large settees, the washing machine and the tumble drier - went up to Pete in Oakwood, the father of one of my sons mates. Again no drama at all and by 6:15pm I was back at the now very empty house.

I now really am down to the bare bones furniture wise - a trestle table and a few dining chairs constitute most of it. The single bed, moved to the living room as a short term replacement for the settees, is being broken up tomorrow and taken to the tip; I'll have to watch the TV sitting on the floor. I hope Martyn and Dan, who are coming on Friday for the Derby Winter Real Ale Festival, remember to bring their inflatable mattresses as well as their sleeping bags as it would be very cosy triple topped'n'tailed on the only mattress!

Tomorrow I have a handy man calling to put covers onto the two live chimneys in order to keep bees, living in one of the blanked off ones, from getting down into the house. UPS tried to deliver the cowls this morning but obviously I was out (see above). Hopefully they can re-deliver tomorrow but please not during the twenty minutes when I'm returning the van!

To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment