Sunday 17 February 2013

Matlock Bath Farewell


Matlock Bath on the River Derwent, Derbyshire


Met up with Dave & Pat, Trevor and Trophy Dave, all members of the Thumper Club at Matlock Bath to start the first round of farewells to my biker mates. Thanks to you all for making the effort on such a frosty morning and I really appreciated the extra motivation it must have taken. I was very surprised how icy and foggy it was once I'd dropped down into Cromford; I think these last few months of biking abstinence have softened me a bit and I was glad to be sitting in the car rather than braving the elements. Whilst there I made a point of having two bacon rolls as the opportunity to indulge in porcine based treats will be severely restricted in Sandyland.

Strangely as I pulled up in Matlock Bath the car parked behind me contained my old boss, Sue Colledge, and her other half Sharat. I don't know who was more surprised but I was pleased to see them both and especially Sharat as his deteriorating health meant I didn't get to say goodbye at work. I don't know what the prognosis is but my sincere best wishes go out to you both.    

2 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure to wake up with the alarm on this frosty Sunday morning to ride across from Chester. Ta for the bacon butties and coffees. Good luck Boyd, we are sure that you will fit in well and enjoy the experience. Are you going to share the personal trainer. Dave and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>"Are you going to share the personal trainer?">>

    Do you know I might. The gym where Cath lives is excellent but hardly anyone uses it. After the initial euphoria of the new job/location has worn off there isn't a lot else to do so I amy as well work on a 'body beautiful'.

    I'll post un-Photoshopped images soon-ish!!!!!!

    Boyd

    ReplyDelete