Saturday 16 February 2013

Gainfully Unemployed

Thanks to everyone at the Royal Derby Hospital who made my leaving such an excellent three part event. Firstly the luchtime do, where I was presented with a fantastic watch and card, secondly over the road to The Mallard for a few beers, and thirdly down to The Flowerpot to see the Foo Fighters tribute. Couldn't have asked for a better send off!

Now my slightly fuzzy head has cleared up I need to move the furniture from downstairs into the garage in preparation for getting van on Monday, when Suze will give me a hand to move it to Eastwood, Long Eaton and Oakwood. The washing machine and sofas will be the most difficult to move but once they have gone I really will be rattling around like a pea here.

Having sawn up the last of the palletes I scrounged for firewood the garage is now looking very empty as well. Monastic minimalism will be the order of the next for the next week or so but at least it should mean I don't have too much to deal with in the last couple of days before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment